Luleå University of Technology
Projects at the Robotics department
The listing below contains information about some of the current and
earlier projects at the robotics department. Information about the different
robots can be found on the robots page, and some
other illustriative photos and plots might be found on the images
The most recent projects in each category are listed first. We intend
to add information about the projects soon.
- An autonomous mobile plastering robot.
- Navigation and mapping of indoor environments using a scanning range
measuring laser and the Hough transform.
- Navigation using a scanning range measuring laser and the Hough transform.
Including navigation through doorways and along corridors with centimeter
- Student projects using the Luleå Turbo Turtle (LTT) during the
- Laser navigation using angles to identical beacons. Resulted in the
market leading navigation system Lazerway
now marketed by NDC.
- Teleoperating a semiautonomous mobile robot.
- Safety aspects on teleoperated robots.
- Controlling a SCARA robot arm over the internet. The robot arm sends
still photos, range camera range profiles and position updates to the operator
who specifies the desired target position. The robot can autonomously
grip an object indicated by the operator.
- Laserpointers for teleinstruction.
- Calibrating the mechanical parameters of an range camera using relative
- Modelling surface properties for range camera measurments.
- A fast light weight SCARA robot.
Created by Johan Forsberg.
Last edited 2000-10-09 by Johan